Hyaluronic acid is one of the most popular ingredients in Korean skincare, and for good reason. This naturally occurring substance has wonderful benefits for your skin and works to keep it moisturized and healthy. Seoul Mamas discusses hyaluronic acid and how it protects your skin.
What Is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body, predominantly found in the skin, eyes, and connective tissue. It functions to retain water to keep tissues well-lubricated and moist. It’s often used in beauty products like creams and serums due to its ability to hydrate skin and reduce wrinkles.
Related Post: How Your Skin Absorbs Nutrients From Our Sheet Masks
How Does Hyaluronic Acid Protect Your Skin?
Hyaluronic acid is known for its ability to keep your skin hydrated and plump. It protects your skin by retaining moisture, repairing the skin’s barrier, reducing inflammation, and preventing microbial growth.
1. Moisture Retention: It has an exceptional ability to retain water. It can hold up to 1000 times its own weight in water. This aids in hydrating the skin and keeping it moist, thus reducing the appearance of fine lines and making the skin look smoother.
2. Repairs Skin Barrier: By keeping your skin well-hydrated, hyaluronic acid helps to strengthen your skin’s protective barrier.
3. Anti-inflammatory: It has anti-inflammatory properties, which help to reduce redness and dermatitis. It is often used in products designed to soothe skin, as it helps to reduce inflammation and discomfort.
4. Prevents Microbial Growth: Hyaluronic acid also offers antimicrobial properties, so it can help protect your skin against harmful bacteria and infections.
5. Antioxidant Properties: It fights against skin-damaging agents such as pollution and UV rays, reducing oxidative damage and preventing premature aging.
How Does Hyaluronic Acid Help Your Body?
Should I Use Hyaluronic Acid in the Morning or Night?
Though some skincare products are best applied at certain times of the day, you can actually use hyaluronic acid both in the morning and night. It works to keep the skin hydrated all day long, protecting it from environmental damage such as pollution and sunlight during the day. When used at night, it helps repair the skin from any damage received during the day while keeping it moisturized. Please note, that when using it in the morning, it’s crucial to follow it up with a good sunscreen, as hyaluronic acid does not provide sun protection. Also, be sure to follow up the usage with a moisturizer to lock in the hydration.
Private Label Korean Skincare by Seoul Mamas
Seoul Mamas helps you create private-label sheet masks, serums, under-eye patches, and other high-quality Korean skincare products. Contact Seoul Mamas for more information about our sheet masks and minimum order quantities (MOQs).